NEUROPRISON

Converge, biografia e news

« Older   Newer »
Edvard Munch
view post Posted on 1/10/2007, 16:21

Dear Friends,
Converge and Kurt's studio, GodCity, are cleaning house, making room and making money to get new gear. Please help us out if you can! All gear is available for pickup in Salem, MA. Shipping is extra. Shipping to the US only! Pricing is relatively firm as these will go to eBay in a week or so if they do not sell here. And besides, all of this stuff rules, so if no one buys, that just gives us an excuse to keep it! We accept cash (in person), money orders, PayPal echeck, and PayPal instant transfer (add 3% for instant transfer fee). WE DO NOT KEEP UP WITH OUR MYSPACE MESSAGES so if you're interested and want a response, please email [email protected]. Thanks!

Converge stuff for sale:

SPOILER (click to view)
SJC drumset
used during north american touring for You Fail Me and No Heroes, the videos for "Eagles Become Vultures" and "No Heroes," and 18" floor tom was used in the recording of the song, "Plagues." thin (4 ply?) maple shells with no reinforcing hoops. black oyster pearl finish. slingerland-style lugs. sizes 9x13, 12x14, 16x16, 16x18, 18x22. no cases. no hardware. 14" tom has a RIMS mount. 13" tom has no mount as it was used on a snare stand. 16" floor tom has legs. overall, the drums are in excellent condition, but there are a couple of problems which can easily and cheaply be solved with some replacement parts. 18" floor tom is missing legs and leg mounts. bass drum has vintage slingerland claws and T rods, one of which is missing the T. the bass drum legs are kind of bent as well, but are still functional. parts can be had cheaply through www.precisiondrum.com. i can order and install these for you if you like. the kit was $2k new. selling for $1200 plus $100 shipping in the continental US, or it can be picked up in salem, ma.
SALE PENDING

SJC toms
used for the recording of No Heroes. mint condition. 8x10, 8x12, 10x14, 12x16. 8 ply birch shells. silver sparkle / black sparkle 2-tone finish. tube lugs. no cases. yamaha tom mounts and tom arms are included. there is not and never was a matching bass drum, but SJC or any reputable drum company can build you a kick to match. I can provide the appropriate specs. paid $1200 new, selling for $800 plus $65 shipping or pick up in salem, ma.

Marshall guitar cabinet
used on Jane Doe, You Fail Me, and No Heroes recordings and Jane Doe touring. cosmetically in good condition. sonically in excellent condition. i'm unsure of the exact age, but i believe it to be from the mid 70's. this is a model 1982a cabinet (that's a model # not a year) not a 1960a. hendrix used 1982's if that means anything. black tolex. checkerboard grill. all original black back 30w rola celestion speakers that have never been reconed. currently wired for 4 ohms, but i can put it back to the original 16 if you want. non-original ernie ball casters. there's a few small tolex tears and one tear in the grill. the logo is broken and says "Marsh." this a rare and awesome vintage cab and i hate to sell it. $1250. no shipping. local pick up in salem, ma only.
SALE PENDING

Marshall JCM800 bass 2x15
used on No Heroes recording and touring. cosmetically good. in the picture of the stack of JCM800 bass cabs, it's the one on top with the brown grill. the rare JCM800 bass cabs look like regular 1960b guitar cabs, but they are actually 3.5" deeper for extra bass. when we got this amp, it was empty and the baffle was set up for 1x15 and 2x10. i built a new 2x15 baffle, but the original baffle will be included. it is currently loaded with 2x15" Jensen Mod speakers. These are a vintage style speaker and not designed for modern deep clean bass. This cab is good for a vintage bass or guitar tone. It would be kick ass for all styles if you could find the original sidewinder speakers. they come up on ebay from time to time. original casters. $650. no shipping. pick up in salem, ma only.

Marshall JCM800 bass 4x12
used on No Heroes recording and touring. cosmetically good. in the picture of the stack of JCM800 bass cabs, it's the one on the bottom with the cream grill. the rare JCM800 bass cabs look like regular 1960b guitar cabs, but they are actually 3.5" deeper for extra bass. this cab is currently empty, but i can install the speakers of your choice. regardless of speakers, this cab is awesome for punchy bass, or deep, detuned guitars. non-original casters. $400 for the empty cab. no shipping. pick up in salem, ma only.

Fender Strat
used for recording the songs, "the lowest common denominator" and "in her blood" as well as on kid kilowatt's "guitar method." This guitar is in excellent condition, was made in Japan in 1997, and it's salmon (it's not fucking pink) with mint green pickguard, knobs, and pickups. there is a seymour duncan hot rails humbucker installed in the bridge position, but i will include the original single coil. the backplate is missing its screws and the pickup selector is missing its cap. fretboard is rosewood. back of the neck is sanded. the action is low and it plays nice, but it's a little buzzy on the first few frets and could use a setup. comes with generic hard case. $425.
SALE PENDING

GodCity stuff for sale:

SPOILER (click to view)
Royer 121 ribbon mic
mint condition with original case. just checked out at the factory in may. used on bass drum and guitar for No Heroes and conga on the song "Hanging Moon.". no shock mount. google this mic and you will find nothing but massive amounts of praise. $975. shipping not included.

RED microphones Type-B large diaphragm condensor mics
2 available. like new condition with shockmounts and original cases. made by BLUE microphones. these mics are modern and detailed sounding with excellent frequency response and dynamic range. they use the "bayonette" mounting system allowing you to switch the capsule with a variety of capsules made by RED, BLUE, and Neumann for many tonal possibilities. see www.redmic.com for details. i have the R0, R2, R4, and R6 capsules available. $400 for each mic, $575 for each capsule except the R4 which is $775. shipping not included.

Sennheiser MD421 dynamic microphones
2 available. good condition. used for drums and guitars on Jane Doe and You Fail Me. the duct tape is there not because the mics are broken, but because the Sennheiser clips suck and always fall off. this is a chronic problem with ALL 421's. but you can take the duct tape off and everything underneath is intact. $250 each plus shipping.
SOLD

Sennheiser e-609 dynamic microphone
this is the earlier all black version of the e-609 made in germany, not the asian e-609 silver. new, it cost twice as much as the silver. great on guitar. good condition. used on You Fail Me, No Heroes and on touring for You Fail Me. $90 plus shipping.

Shure SM57 dynamic mics
2 available. good condition. used on When Forever Comes Crashing, The Poacher Diaries, Deeper the Wound, Jane Doe, You Fail Me, and No Heroes. $65 each plus shipping.

DBX 165 compressor
awesome vintage compressor in excellent condition. one of my favorite comps for kick, bass, and acoustic guitar. used on Jane Doe and You Fail Me. it was reconditioned by coleman rogers at alactronics a few years ago and sounds great. barrier strip connections in the back. $850 plus shipping.

Anthony Demaria Labs ADL1000 tube opto compressor
great tube comp based on the Teletronix LA-2a. Used for compressing vocals on You Fail Me and No Heroes. $800 plus shipping.

Focusrite Red 2 EQ.
Nice, clinical parametric stereo EQ in excellent condition. $1500 plus shipping.

Cranesong STC-8 stereo buss compressor
Awesomely smooth transparent compressor/limiter in excellent condition. Just checked up at the factory and comes with the original box and manual. This comp was used on You Fail me and No Heroes. $2750 plus shipping.

Allen & Heath Xone VF-1
like new stereo tube LFO flter / envelope follower / distortion. this thing is a weird box that makes all kinds of funny noises. it's great if you think you're JUSTICE or Radiohead. these are kind of hard to find in the US. $525 plus shipping.

John Hardy / Sony custom rack
this is a 3 space rack custom built for me by Coleman Rogers during his tenure at Pro Audio Design. it has 4 Hardy MPC3000 discrete class-A mic preamps featuring no capacitors and Jensen transformers. it also has 4 MCI/Sony MX-32 parametric EQ's out of the MXP3036 console used to mix You Fail Me. power supply is integrated into the rack. a couple EQ pots are a little scratchy and need some cleaning, but i don't have the special screwdriver required to get the knob off. but it's not a functional problem so i never sweated it. 4 channels of Hardy pre's usually cost $3k racked with a power supply. Get these, plus EQ's for $2700! shipping not included.

Daking 52270 mic pre/eq's
4 available. good condition. these awesome boxes have a super high quality mic preamp and EQ all in one. the EQ has switchable hi and low pass filters, switchable high and low shelving, and switchable hi-mid and low-mid bells. they can be warm and rich, but they really excel at being quick, crunchy and snappy. they are a big part of my sound. i'm only selling them because i'm hopefully buying a Daking console that has a bunch of them built in. btw, the sale of these hinges upon the successful negotiation and purchase of that new console. $1050 each. i have 1 power supply which powers all 4 units for $150. shipping not included.

Studio Electronics C2s stereo compressor
the comp is based on the famous Urei 1176, but it does 2 channels in 1 rack space and it drives the output with a Neve 1272 style line amp. this one is special because it was modded at the factory with a built-in multi-position sidechain roll-off switch that makes the compressor less sensitive to low frequencies and consequently smoother. kick anus. $2k new. get this hot-rodded one for $1250 plus shipping.

GoddoG
view post Posted on 1/10/2007, 16:45

Locust...che ne dici....perchè non vedi per qualke mic? :D

dano_gpl
view post Posted on 2/10/2007, 08:15

CITAZIONE (Edvard Munch @ 1/10/2007, 17:21)
Marshall JCM800 bass 4x12
used on No Heroes recording and touring. cosmetically good. in the picture of the stack of JCM800 bass cabs, it's the one on the bottom with the cream grill. the rare JCM800 bass cabs look like regular 1960b guitar cabs, but they are actually 3.5" deeper for extra bass. this cab is currently empty, but i can install the speakers of your choice. regardless of speakers, this cab is awesome for punchy bass, or deep, detuned guitars. non-original casters. $400 for the empty cab. no shipping. pick up in salem, ma only.

è la cassa che uso io per la chitarra, e spacca il culo. quando la vedono tutti pensano sia una normale marshall un po' malandata, ma quando la provano rimangono a bocca aperta ;)

ifix tcen tcen
view post Posted on 3/10/2007, 19:24

Scusate se non c'entra un cazzo ma vi chiedevo se spaccano dal vivo, dal momento che non li ho mai visti live.
Mi e' piaciuta la recensione di Rumore del live di qualche mese fa in Italia.
L'idea di trovarsi , durante il soundcheck , quando Kurt, da solo contro tutti accorda giusto due note, e il pubblico ha la sensazione di trovarsi a due passi dall'esplodere di un URAGANO.

view post Posted on 3/10/2007, 19:38

god is not cool anymore

Group:
Moderatore

CITAZIONE (ifix tcen tcen @ 3/10/2007, 20:24)
Scusate se non c'entra un cazzo ma vi chiedevo se spaccano dal vivo, dal momento che non li ho mai visti live.
Mi e' piaciuta la recensione di Rumore del live di qualche mese fa in Italia.
L'idea di trovarsi , durante il soundcheck , quando Kurt, da solo contro tutti accorda giusto due note, e il pubblico ha la sensazione di trovarsi a due passi dall'esplodere di un URAGANO.

se spaccano?! penso sia uno dei migliori gruppi da vedere dal vivo, impatto mostroso. hanno una carica che si trova in pochi altri gruppi e soprattutto un attitudine assolutamente SPETTACOLARE.

dano_gpl
view post Posted on 4/10/2007, 19:29

non dico nulla, ha già detto tutto salvation ;)

Piombo in Oro
view post Posted on 6/10/2007, 21:48

Anche a me è piaciuta moltissimo la recensione su Rumore del concerto.

view post Posted on 7/10/2007, 12:56

god is not cool anymore

Group:
Moderatore

cavolo io questa recensione non l'ho letta, si trova da qualche parte? comincia ad incuriosirmi!

ifix tcen tcen
view post Posted on 7/10/2007, 14:45

Rumore sett.2007 concerto del 20 luglio a Cuneo.

Sistema la strumentazione e si esibisce in un soundcheck irrealmente minimale, di quelli da accensione dell' ampli e un paio di accordi, epoi Kurt Ballou resta da solo. Qualche chilo extra sistemato sotto una t-shirt dei Jawbreaker, le dita inchiodate sulla chitarra sottile. A tutti gli altri, davanti a lui, spetta il brivido teso di trovarsi di fronte all'uragano.
Dal soffocante incipit di Plagues affiorano con chiarezza i contorni di un progetto ambizioso e necessario, quello convergiano, fondato sulle irrangiungibili intuizioni/costruzioni del chitarrista bostoniano :è infatti evidente come sia Ballou l'unico collante ipotizzabile, la sola possibilita' razionale di plasmare e rendere "reale" un suono altrimenti "impossibile".
Slaiver, Animosity e i sorprendenti Rise anda fall ( da gand Belgio)mettono in mostra un'attitudine e una tecnica all'altezza della serata, ma, per forza di cose, non possono competere con la furia sanguinante degli headliner (musicisti di una professionalita'e di un'umilta' esemplare , tra l'altro).
The Broken Vow e To the lions sono il colpo di frusta che decapita le prime file,Last Light è un manifesto esisstenziale di lacerante tensione emotiva, Eagles become Vultures e' la versione convergiana del concetto di singolo, Drop out è spietata e meravigliosa celebrazione dell'orrore.
E Concubine rimarra' sempre un brano privo di una qualsiasi plausibile descrizione.
Per i Converge l'hardcore è empatia e integrita', il punto di partenza e quello di arrivo, un flusso grumoso e rosso come la vendetta e l'amore.
Perche' l'amore e' vendetta. Una dimostrazione di potenza che annichilisce, trasformando tutto il resto in finzione.
Come sempre un'esperienza terribile e illuminante.

Carlo Cravero

Edited by ifix tcen tcen - 7/10/2007, 17:28

Neve 00
view post Posted on 9/11/2007, 20:00

Cos'è Halo in a haystack ?

Edvard Munch
view post Posted on 10/11/2007, 17:13

CITAZIONE (Neve 00 @ 9/11/2007, 20:00)
Cos'è Halo in a haystack ?

è il loro vero debut, targato 1993; è stato poi ristampato nel 1997 con l'aggiunta di demo tracks a nome Caring & Killing.

view post Posted on 14/11/2007, 10:08

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

grazie al 3rdeye:

CITAZIONE
"Converge News:
We will have NEW apparel in the Converge Estore in the next week, so keep an eye out for that. Collectively we are still collecting footage for our upcoming DVD release on Deathwish. We are also playing a show on November 23rd that is noted elsewhere in the News section. Aside from that, we are planning our 2K8, including more writing and more touring..."
Kurt Ballou:
He has been engineering up a storm at Godcity Studios. Lately he has worked on albums for Coliseum, Disfear, Genghis Tron, Torche, and Blacklisted. He is also working w/ Jake on his "Wear Your Wounds" album, due out on Deathwish in early 2K8. Lastly, Hydrahead will soon be reissuing material from The Hugeunots, a band that Kurt played in in the mid 90's w/ members of The Explosion and Piebald. Check out Hydrahead for the latest info on that release...
Nate Newton:
Nate has been playing shows with Doomriders (including some w/ Danzig). Doomriders are also currently writing and recording new material as well. Be sure to pick up their "Black Thunder" album if you haven't already.
J. Bannon:
Jake has been working on his "Wear Your Wounds" album w/ Kurt at Godcity. Also he's been busy w/ all things Deathwish/Malfunction. New art projects that are in the works include: New silkscreened prints, Shipwreck a.d. art/packaging, Life Long Tragedy art/packaging, Rockett Clothing Designs, Blacklisted art/packaging, and more.
Ben Koller:
Aside from being an international man of leisure, Ben has been keeping busy playing music w/ friends in Brooklyn. News on that soon..."

B@zZ - Slowdown
view post Posted on 19/11/2007, 10:30

Sapevate che Jane Doe è il nome che danno ai cadaveri femminili non identificati???

view post Posted on 19/11/2007, 13:39

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

interessante...

Edvard Munch
view post Posted on 19/11/2007, 16:29

Jane Doe è pure una serie tv americana....

152 replies since 17/10/2006, 20:51   3957 views