NEUROPRISON

Queens of the Stone Age, Era Vulgaris

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 15/2/2007, 18:27

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE Announce New Album Details - Feb. 15, 2007
NME.com reports that QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE have announced details of their new album.

"Era Vulgaris" will be the follow-up to 2005's "Lullabies to Paralyze".

The band posted a bulletin on their MySpace page yesterday (February 14) entitled "I Was At The Sizzler Today" that revealed the details of the CD.

The post said that among the tracks that would be included were "Into the Hollow", "Sick, Sick, Sick", "Misfit Love" and "Battery Acid".

However, the cryptic posting said: "Could be song titles. Or could not...go sign up on the mailing list for future insider info. Then get off the Internet and go get laid, it's Valentines Day."

view post Posted on 24/2/2007, 08:34

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE has confirmed that NINE INCH NAILS' Trent Reznor, THE STROKES' Julian Casablancas, former QOTSA member Mark Lanegan and ZZ TOP guitarist Billy F. Gibbons make guest appearances on the group's new album, "Era Vulgaris", due in June via Interscope.

According to Billboard.com, a 46-second behind-the-scenes video montage of the group in the studio was posted this afternoon (Feb. 23) on the QOTSA web site and at YouTube.com.

I, Voidhanger
view post Posted on 24/2/2007, 11:26

Non sono per nulla eccitato, e la cosa stupisce me per primo. I Kyuss sono forse il mio gruppo preferito dei '90, inoltre adoro i primi 3 album dei QotSA... ma l'ultimo mi ha deluso, e gli ospiti di questo nuovo capitolo non mi entusiasmano affatto.
Al momento, anche nello spirito mi sento distante da questa loro attitudine "fun" che sbandierano ai quattro venti, scegliendo ospiti improbabili come Casablancas (puah!) e Billy Gibbons, chiamati solo per fare colore.

Se lo compro, sarà solo perché c'è dio che canta (Mark Lanegan, ovviamente).

view post Posted on 6/4/2007, 08:27

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

Queens Of The Stone Age has finalized the track list for its next album, "Era Vulgaris," due in late June or early July via Interscope. The project features 11 songs, including two cuts, "Misfit Love" and "Run Pig Run," which were not finished in time for the playback Billboard.com enjoyed last month at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas.

"Misfit Love" is an ominous boogie-rocker with robotic vocals and fuzzed-out guitars crowding the mix, while "Run Pig Run" closes the disc with a bizarre mix of balls-out rock, siren-like guitar shredding, sudden tempo changes and chanted singing.

Other highlights include the fast, powerful "Sick, Sick, Sick" and "Battery Acid," and the psychedelic "I'm Designer" and "Suture Up Your Future." Longtime collaborator Mark Lanegan guests on "River in the Road."

QOTSA has announced a handful of European shows around the release of "Era Vulgaris," beginning June 14 at London's Wireless Festival.

Here is the track list for "Era Vulgaris":

"Turning on the Screw"
"Sick, Sick, Sick"
"I'm Designer"
"Into the Hollow"
"Misfit Love"
"Battery Acid"
"Make It Wit Chu"
"3's & 7's"
"Suture Up Your Future"
"River in the Road"
"Run Pig Run"

ramaya
view post Posted on 6/4/2007, 10:13

E' una delle cose che aspetto di più al varco in questo 2007. Ho proprio bisogno di un pò di rock come si deve.

view post Posted on 8/4/2007, 19:37

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

dal loro sito si può ascoltare qualche secondo di "sick sick sick"...

stoned wizard
view post Posted on 8/4/2007, 19:50

il sito dei masters of reality riporta come data d'uscita il 1mo giugno

view post Posted on 11/4/2007, 21:56

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

altri invece dicono l'8 giugno...

view post Posted on 15/4/2007, 01:53

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

A brand new QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE track, entitled "Era Vulgaris", was reportedly released in a special package sent to fans who won a secret competition on the QOTSA forum. The song, which will not appear on the group's upcoming full-length CD of the same name, features a guest appearance by NINE INCH NAILS frontman Trent Reznor. Listen to the track online at this location.

da blabbermouth.net

:ph34r:

Eclipze
view post Posted on 15/4/2007, 11:37

A me la canzone è piaciuta. Bello l'intreccio delle voci.

view post Posted on 15/4/2007, 11:38

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

io ce l'ho in loop...
figata, non vedo l'ora che ritornino...

zugone
view post Posted on 16/4/2007, 14:24

Le varie traccie e spezzoni che ho ascoltato non mi hanno entusiasmato più di tanto :( ......però voglio essere fiducioso e aspetto il disco per intero per esprimere un giudizio. ;)

Edvard Munch
view post Posted on 16/4/2007, 17:50

carino sto pezzo, per il resto non so cosa aspettarmi anche se di certo difficilmente raggiungeranno i livelli di Songs for the deaf.

view post Posted on 19/4/2007, 14:37

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

streaming di 3's & 7's

Edvard Munch
view post Posted on 19/4/2007, 17:03

CITAZIONE (EnochKey @ 19/4/2007, 15:37)
streaming di 3's & 7's

Gran bel brano, fa ben sperare per un ritorno come si deve...

128 replies since 15/2/2007, 18:27   2690 views