NEUROPRISON

Crack the Skye - New Mastodon

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 10/2/2008, 12:44

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

In primavera entrano in studio per dare forma al sucessore di Blood Mountain[2006]...

"The Ghost of Karilla" è il primo titolo di una canzone.

Neuros
view post Posted on 10/2/2008, 13:11

CITAZIONE
MASTODON Drummer: New Songs Are 'Heavier Than I Expected'

Progressive metal quartet MASTODON is tentatively scheduled to enter the studio in the spring to begin recording its follow-up to 2006's "Blood Mountain". A late 2008 release via Warner Bros. Records is expected.

In a recent interview with UK's Rock Sound magazine, MASTODON drummer Brann Dailor stated about the songwriting process for the group's new album, "It's a long, arduous process. We've got a skeleton for the whole record and these huge chunks of music four of five different segments that don't have a beginning or end yet... We're just basically in the middle of the record, adding stuff, giving it a taste then adding a little more 'pepper' or 'salt.' Once all the ingredients are in there, you have to bake it — which is just playing it over and over again until it feels right. The main goal is to get the songs right so you don't have to think about the time changes — so you can relax with it and play it how it should be played. There's a level of difficulty to our stuff and if you're too wrapped up in trying to remember how many times something goes and the timing for the next riff, you can't examine the song for being a song. So it takes a while."

So far, only one new songtitle has been revealed: "The Ghost of Karilla".

Commented Brann: "I dont want to give the theme away but I think the song title will leave a few people guessing. It's top secret. I can't divulge that information. It's more fun keeping it under wraps, but you can be assured that it's definitely another MASTODON record which is going to further in a couple of different directions and the stuff we've written so far is heavier than I expected."

Amen.

view post Posted on 10/2/2008, 13:25

god is not cool anymore

Group:
Moderatore

interessante...ora non resta altro che aspettare :)

Neve 00
view post Posted on 10/2/2008, 13:51

Bene..ci voleva.

nitraus
view post Posted on 10/2/2008, 13:55

spero non si perdano troppo in seghe prog..

view post Posted on 29/2/2008, 09:36

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

nel frattempo:

MASTODON's cover version of the THREE DOG NIGHT track "One" is currently being used in the ad campaign for the upcoming multiplatform videogame "Army of Two". A trailer for the game featuring the song can be viewed below.

"Army of Two" will arrive in stores on March 6.

LocustStar
view post Posted on 29/2/2008, 22:18

Io mi auguro un album più complesso di "Blood Mountain", che magari riprenda parte dell'irruenza di "Leviathan", e che non ammorbidisca quindi il loro stile, ma che sia la giusta evoluzione.

Anal Reichsführer
view post Posted on 1/3/2008, 12:00

io trovo blood mountain perfetto. anche se preferisco leviathan... ma di poco.

un po' di irruenza in più va bene, ma non è che per me sia una qualcosa di imprescindibile... preferisco invece l'orientamento progressivo di blood mountain che spero non perdano.

Chaka
view post Posted on 9/3/2008, 17:17

Altro video..

One

Habardeen
view post Posted on 9/3/2008, 17:46

zborro

:ph34r:

LocustStar
view post Posted on 9/3/2008, 17:52

Buh, da quel poco che si riesce a capire del pezzo, continuo ad amare (e spero infuturo di nn rimpiangere) i Mastodon dell'immenso "Leviathan".

Edvard
view post Posted on 9/3/2008, 17:57

A me piacciono forse ancor di più quelli di Remission, a tratti.

Neuros
view post Posted on 9/3/2008, 18:24

Ma è una cover :lol:

Chaka
icon9  view post Posted on 9/3/2008, 18:53

CITAZIONE (Neuros @ 9/3/2008, 18:24)
Ma è una cover :lol:

Si,in effetti non avevo specificato :)

Beppew
view post Posted on 12/3/2008, 16:17

Non vedo l'ora di sentire il nuovo disco, spero proprio non deludano le attese e non si perdano in troppe pippe musicali.

515 replies since 10/2/2008, 12:44   9765 views