NEUROPRISON

Jodis, Turner + Plotkin + Wyskida

« Older   Newer »
Godspeed you!
view post Posted on 8/7/2008, 18:02

Dal blog di Aaron Turner:

in the aural realm, the previously untitled collaboration between james plotkin, tim wyskida, and myself, finally has a name: vessl. the debut album has finally been completed and hopefully samples will be made available in the near future - most likely through james' website.

Cosa pensate che sarà? Un'altro lavoro aurale-ambientale alla lotus eaters, qualcosa di malato (come al solito :P ) o che altro? Vi ricordo che Wyskida oltre che collaboratore di lunga data con plotkin, ha suonato batterie e percussioni per gente come Khanate, Khlyst e Blind Idiot God...

view post Posted on 8/7/2008, 18:03

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

io dico Drone.

James "Sawyer" Ford
view post Posted on 8/7/2008, 18:08

CITAZIONE (Enoch. @ 8/7/2008, 19:03)
io dico Drone.

Oddio, con tutto il rispetto per il Drone, spero in qualcosa un po' più ''diverso'' e ''ricercato''. Poi se mi tirate in ballo nomi come Khanate, Khlyst e Blind Idiot God... Insomma, io punto a qualcosa di malato come Plotkin sa fare.

Birsa
view post Posted on 8/7/2008, 18:26

Vista proprio la presenza di Wyskida non credo sarà qualcosa di troppo ambientale.... Beh, ascolteremo!

view post Posted on 15/7/2008, 20:07

Group:

Ho letto su un altro forum che il disco è pronto e uscirà in Autunno..le vostre fonti confermano?

view post Posted on 15/7/2008, 22:31

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

si è così, esce naturalmente sotto hydrahead.

view post Posted on 23/7/2008, 21:03

Mention This To Me

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE
Aaron Turner has a new project he's been working on with James Plotkin and Tim Wyskida. The album is done and has no name as of yet. When we find out more we'll let you know! We do know that it should be released early 2009.

quindi niente per quest'anno.

Godspeed you!
view post Posted on 31/7/2008, 12:18

A quanto pare Aaron sta avendo momenti difficili... :D dal suo blog:

CITAZIONE
the band with james plotkin, tim wyskida, and myself is no longer going to be called "vessl", since apparently there is already a band with that name. we're trying to think of something else and having a hard time... really hard. all the good names seem to be taken.

er T. alias Uao!
view post Posted on 10/10/2008, 09:07

JODIS is the new band between myself, Aaron Turner (ISIS, Old Man Gloom, Lotus Eaters, etc), and Tim Wyskida (ex-Khanate, Blind Idiot God, etc).
The sound might be described as expansive, tonal, minimal, or all of the above.
It has been described to me as a more relaxed KHANATE, and a much heavier LOW.
To the right, an example to which you yourself can be the judge...
Our debut album will be released early 2009 on Hydra Head records.

Sul sito di Plotkin c'è anche un estratto: http://www.plotkinworks.com/currentactions/index.html
Sembra promettere molto bene! :002:

Birsa
view post Posted on 11/10/2008, 09:58

CITAZIONE (er T. alias Uao! @ 10/10/2008, 10:07)
a more relaxed KHANATE

In effetti il mood globale è quello.. però ovviamente chitarraio e cantante non sono gli stessi :). Pezzo molto ma molto bello, speriamo che il disco arrivi presto!
Il lavoro di chitarra mi fa pensare all'ultimo Dyan Carson che suona da solo in un mattatoio gelido abbandonato, d'inverno...

er T. alias Uao!
view post Posted on 14/11/2008, 11:19

Questo brano è fantastico...non vedo l'ora che esca il full
Nessuno ha ascoltato il pezzo oltre a Birsa??

PostNero
view post Posted on 14/11/2008, 12:01

Io l'ho sentita... e l'idea di Dylan Carlson che suona da solo in un mattatoio gelido abbandonato non è poi così lontana da quello che m'immaginavo anche io...

Tanto che ora mi sono messo su gli Earth :P

er T. alias Uao!
view post Posted on 9/12/2008, 12:46

Da un'intervista a Plotkin:

CITAZIONE
HSJ.You have a new project called Jodis,with Aaron Turner.Tell us a bit about that.Does this group replace Lotus Eaters,or is that group still going?

James.Jodis has nothing to do with Lotus Eaters, and I believe Lotus Eaters is finished for now. Jodis is a much more substantially structured sound with very basic instrumentation - vocals, guitars, and drums. The sound is full but very minimal at the same time, it has a lot of breathing room compared to a lot of my releases. Aaron really put tons of effort into the vocals and he's trying a lot of new things on this album, moving in quite a few different directions. The debut should be released early in the coming year.

er T. alias Uao!
view post Posted on 16/8/2009, 13:15

CITAZIONE
James Plotkin (Khanate, etc.), Aaron Turner (Isis, etc.), and Tim Wyskida (Khanate) have teamed up to launch a new project called Jodis. The group's new album, "Secret House," will hit streets on October 27th via Hydra Head Records. Here's the obligatory press hype:

"Jodis is a modern exploration of restrained sonic minimalism and tonal/textural density. Jodis' 'Secret House,' as a whole, recalls a void, a shoreless pit, a slow nihilistic decent into absolute blankness... The vocals emote a deviating distress, one that the listener will walk away from also knowing. The guitars loom with an almost inconceivable image of stillness. The percussion possesses an irregular circularity facilitating the general disorientation encapsulating the mood of the record. In summation, a thorough listen would kick the living shit out of your aptitude for co-habituation with other humans."

"Secret House" track listing:

1. Ascent
2. Continents
3. Secret House
4. Follow the Dogs
5. Little Beast
6. Waning
7. Slivers

celestopoli
view post Posted on 16/8/2009, 14:43

Mi sa che gli Isis iniziano a stare stretti a Turner...

74 replies since 8/7/2008, 18:02   2095 views